Client input is the foundation on which successful websites are built. This survey will help articulate and identify the overall goals of site redesign, including specific questions regarding message, audience, content, look and feel.
1. What is the name of your company and current (or intended) URL?
2. Who are the primary contacts from your organization and who has final approval on the design? Please list names, titles, email addresses, and phone numbers.
1. Describe a typical user coming to your site. How often is the user online, and what does he generally use the web for? How old is the user and what does he do for a living? (Use as much detail as possible in profiling your target user. Profile more than one type if appropriate.)
2. What is the primary “action” the user should take when coming to your site (make a purchase, become a member, search for information)?
3. What are the key reasons why the target user chooses your company’s products and/or services (cost, service, value)?
1. Use a few adjectives to describe how the user should perceive the new site. (Examples include prestigious, friendly, corporate, fun, forward thinking, innovative, and cutting edge.) Is this different from the current image perception?
2. How is your company currently perceived offline? Do you want to carry the same kind of message through your website?
3. How does your company differentiate itself from competitors? Do you think your current audience differentiates you from your competition? Please list competitor URLs.
4. List the URLs of any sites you find compelling. What specifically do you like about these sites?
Current Site (if applicable)
1. Do you feel your current site promotes a favorable user experience?
2. What specific areas of your current site do you feel are successful? Why are they successful?
3. What shortcomings exist with your current site and what three things would you change on the site today if you could?
4. How important is it to maintain your current look and feel, logo, and branding?
Reasons for Redesign (if applicable)
1. What are the main reasons you are redesigning your site (new business model, outdated site, expanded services, different audience)?
2. What are your primary online business objectives with the site redesign? What are your secondary objectives? (Examples include increased sales, marketing/branding awareness, and fewer customer service calls.) Please discuss both long- and short-term goals.
1. Describe visual elements or content that should be utilized from your current site or marketing materials (logo, color scheme, navigation, naming conventions, and so on).
2. Describe any functions or features that you wish to appear on your new site for example contact forms, login, shopping cart, ECT.